Highlighting mobile technologies health research and resources available at the University of Michigan.
Navigating the development, regulatory aspects, and deployment of research that includes mobile technologies can be challenging for many investigators. Knowing where to start is often the largest hurdle.
The MeTRIC Symposium brings together researchers and experts from across the University of Michigan to disseminate research, share ideas, foster collaboration, and showcase resources available to U-M investigators who are interested in utilizing wearable and mobile technology in health research. This live, in-person event is presented by the Mobile Technologies Research Innovation Collaborative (MeTRIC).
This event was held Nov. 10, 2023. Check out the conference agenda for the list of topics presented.
Attendees can expect dynamic presentations, interactive discussions, and opportunities to connect with peers. Following the event, participants will:
- Understand the capabilities and challenges of including wearables and other mobile technologies in health research.
- Be able to identify the steps and considerations critical to incorporating mobile technologies into health research and the U-M-specific resources available to support your work.
- Be able to implement strategies for incorporating mobile wearables and other mobile technologies into your research practice.
- Have a greater understanding of the scope of current research at U-M utilizing mobile technologies.
- Know how to access U-M resources to support your work.
The Mobile Technology Research Innovation Collaborative, or MeTRIC, is a campus-wide initiative designed to foster knowledge sharing and create a single access point for U-M investigators who are looking to use mobile technology in their health research study design. The collaborative–founded by the Eisenberg Family Depression Center, Precision Health, and the Department of Anesthesiology–includes multidisciplinary units from across U-M’s campus. The combined efforts of these units represent a wealth of knowledge providing a solid foundation for anyone in need of support. Learn more